Wednesday 13 November 2013

Friday Night Sew In Sign Ups

Grab the Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) button

Yes, it's that time of the month again........it crept up on me, but everything is lately, with Mr B losing his job and with both the boys at home under my feet all the time, nothing much gets done on the computer and time just slips away!!!!
But to prove I have been doing things.......
Last week I made it to the Melbourne Cup celebrations....just to have a day out, away from the boys!!!
It's not often you see me all done up, so I thought I'd share it with you....it was a fun day....and I must say, there was a glass or two of bubbly involved in this photo!!!! LOL
however, no winnings on my part......I'm lucky to know the front end of the horse from the back!!!!!! 

Monday was sewing day with the girls again......the best days ever.....

coffee and cannolis (my coffee was making eyes at me!!!! LOL)


giggling girls...... it lasts aaaaaaall day.......(our jaws are sore by the time we go home)
Barb....

 and Heather.....




 yep....she's like that ALL day!!!!!  (such fun)
 Michelle.......

and Jen.....
(don't you just love her beautiful new design???)
We DO get SOME sewing done amongst all that giggling and eating you know!!!!!!   hee hee

 

 and talking about eating......a lavish lunch......
and I managed to sneak in some work on a 'revamped' design for a magazine commission next year....
as well as catching up on some of Fee's gorgeous hexie alphabet designs......

I might work on these one's on Friday night and finish them off.......

have you got yours yet from Fee???   They're just so pretty........you can get them HERE
Grab the Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) button
So, what will you be making on Friday night.....hope you've got some plans to join us???
I'll post a recipe tomorrow for something yummy to make to keep the energy up.... (no, not the cannoli....the alcohol content in the custards would probably put you to sleep, and I don't want that!!!!)

Make sure you sign up below and be prepared for a night of fun......I will share what you can win,  just by signing up,  tomorrow!

Sugary hugs

39 comments:

Marilyn said...

Whoo whoo. I will be there with you, Wendy. After the 2 Grandies are settled the rest of the time will be mine for stitching.
Catch you then. Hugs xx

debbie said...

Friday night I will be chain stitching some patchwork for more quilts while listening to the BeeGees now that my stereo is fixed!! Will bring a yummy banana cake I make with Greek Yoghurt to keep our strength up too! xx debbie

Jeanette said...

I'll be here Wendy. :) Hugs,xx

Anonymous said...

hope things improve for you Wendy,remember where one door closes another will open,take care.xx

Fiona said...

gosh.. it has come up again quick.... great to see all you gals having fun... I just love my days with stitching friends...
Hugz

Maria said...

Hope DH gets another job soon but I am pleased you were able to go out and have a fun day with the girls.....
Will be at retreat for this month's FNSI sew am sure to be stitching....

Simone Harding said...

I may join in late but I will be there.

Susan said...

That time already??

Larissa said...

ARRRRGGGH!!!!! HOW did it get to that time of the month/year so darn quickly?!!!! :)

Mary K said...

Woo hoo! My friend is at a retreat at the coast all week and I couldn't go. I will be able to sew some Friday before work and all day Saturday.
Lucky Me, I am number 13. Goes with the blog name.

Good luck on the job scene. Been there, done that. Something always turns up. Just not what you expected or thought what you needed, but it is.

Anthea said...

I'm with Susan, these evenings come around again so fast... but as I sew or stitch every night anyway, I will be 'needled' or 'threaded' in any case...
Glad to see you had such a great time for Melb Cup!! x

Anonymous said...

The food and the fun always look so good at your get togethers! I loved your coffee making eyes at you. LOL I'm signing up for Friday with cq4fun because that's what I'll be doing this Friday night! And probably all day Friday - embroidery of one kind or another. I do love Jenny's new design, but I also love Fee's hexagons in your bright colors! You clean up nicely, as my DH used to say. =)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Count me in Wendy. You looked very swish for the cup. Great seeing what you girls got up to on sewing day. Both Jens design and Fees alphabet are beautiful x

Kim said...

Looking forward to Friday night I just had some fabric arrive so I am thinking of starting my niece's 18th birthday quilt. It is not until next August but I will get it professionally quilted so I need to leave plenty of time for this. Looks like you had a fun day stitching.

Rosie said...

I can't believe that it's sewing time together again! Where does the time go! You are naughty with that phone Muriel!!!

Lin said...

Goodness, you girls have some great times together! Sorry to hear you have a few problems but I am sure something will turn up. Looking forward to Friday - it will be my afternoon as we are out to supper in the evening, but then that may well co-incide with your evening. Have a good week until then. xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very giggly time with your sewing friends :)Love times like that.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Michelle said...

It's great motivation to make me do something other than just watch TV on a Friday night! I'll be there.

RandR Serenity said...

I'll be there for sure :-)
I will be sewing another Christmas gift...
Hugs

Noela said...

I'm hoping to do a bit of embroidery as I will have my grandson for the night so may not get out to my sewing room. Hugs....

creations.1 said...

A lovely post - a fun sewing day, beautiful food and company and a day out - what more could a girl ask for!

Shari said...

I'm not sure how much time I will actually have to sew, but I will be here and will have something that is finally not a sneaky peak LOL

Janet said...

It's been a while but I'm in like dirt this Friday!

Pinnylea Creations said...

Looking forward to joining in again. My prize from last month arrived today and it's gorgeous - I'll post a photo on my blog tomorrow (pinnylea.blogspot.com.au). Thank you Wendy :)

sophie said...

An uninvited guest has ruined my week. I really NEED this to wash the creepiness away. I'm SO in.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

I've been in bed with a terrible cold all week so I certainly need this to cheer me up! Thanks and I'll "see" you all tomorrow!

e said...

Hey Wendy B :)
Friday night - I'll be sewing up the receiving blankets for my niece and starting on more Christmas gifts.

Your hexies and commission work are gorgeous. Love and hugs.

barb's creations said...

I'll be sewing tonight just not sure which project I'll be working on yet :) Barb.

Narelle said...

I'll be sewing at some point in time tonight. After the day in town I still have the groceries to put away and dinner to think about :)

Lyn said...

Gosh..I've been a bit quiet on the blogging and stitching front..tonight might just be the kick start I need!

Helen said...

What fun you have at your stitching group..... sounds the same as the girls I stitch with..... giggling, eating and maybe a little stitching.

Helen

CathyC said...

I'm late, but I'm here :)

KERYN B said...

I'm in have been sewing couldn't remember what URL stood for!! And my IT department is still on leave..

Leah said...

Last minute sign up! :) I plan to sew the night away tonight!

Deb A said...

Looking forward to either some sewing on the machine or by hand tonight!

Maria said...

Love the photo of you, Wendy! I joined in from the cabin we were renting in Brunswick Heads.

Emily C said...

Love the FNSI. Wish I could participate more often. Just way too busy to think right now.

Karrie said...

I follow on BL-karrie smith

Karrie said...

I like your blog. It's very cute and easy to find your way around