Monday 17 February 2014

Wet weather Monday fun-day and FNSI sign ups

Well the wet season is finally here, a little late but you know what they say......??
and what better way to spend a wet weather Monday than stitching with your besties???
And to make it even better, it was Miss Jen's un-birthday celebrations today.... so we headed off to her house to celebrate....


you see, as Jenny's birthday is REALLY on Friday, that's Friday...the 21st..... (you didn't hear me say that, did you??? *wink wink*....but it might be nice to share some bloggy birthday love and visit her then!!! *hint hint*) we thought we'd share the birthday love today, on our stitching day so we could spoil her rotten as she justly deserves!!!......so you see, it's her un-birthday celebrations!!!!
And she was almost in tears with her gifts.....
I think we know her pretty well!!!!!

We stitched while listening to the rain beating heavily outside, very rare as it's seasonal in our neck of the woods, so very exciting.....
and then Jen shared some of the most delicious gluten free foods....a sweet sticky slice that was sooooo yummy (and went down so quickly I never got a photo...oops!), and a lip smacking risotto which looked, and tasted like it came straight from the Masterchef kitchens....
I was working on a new stitchery I received from Natashia at Smee Designs called "The Street"
You'll remember I've been working on "A long time ago in Bethlehem" and yes, it's ALMOST finished....just quilting to be done, so hopefully soon I'll have that finish to show you.

A gorgeous quilt that depicts the scenes in a busy street and all the goings-on in the shops within it. I've started on the block that shows the mannequins in the dress shop window and believe it or not, Jenny's hairdresser is next door!!!!  You can see it more closely in the link above, but it's a beautiful design, full of Natashia's whimsy and fun....I love it!  It's always fun stitching her designs!!!

 

So Friday, we mustn't forget to drop by Jenny's blog and wish her the happiest and blessed of birthdays, but we also must remember that it's FNSI for the month too!!!!  So make sure you plan to have the evening free to join us chatty girls to stitch, sew and nibble on chocolate to our hearts content and share with us all on the weekend and don't forget to sign up below so we can all come along and cheer you on!  This month's prize is a double one......two panels of stitchy goodness for two lucky winners (seeing it's the second month of the year....and the winter Olympics are on.....weeeell, do I really need an excuse????)
Isn't it cute......I can see lots of possibilities with this one, can't you???
xox Sugary hugs :o)





21 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the stitchery design Wendy it looks very cute,see you Friday.xx

Outback Craftaholic said...

Hey Wendy. Looking forward to another night of stitching with everyone. Your stitchery looks great. Cheers, Tracy.

Christine M said...

See you Friday night, Wendy!

Marilyn said...

Will "see" you on Friday night, also. And wow, in a couple of weeks it will be for real!!!!! Cant wait !!!!! So exciting !!!!!

e said...

How can you possibly go wrong with a Natasha Smee design ? Absolutely, love it. Looks like you four had a wonderful day. All signed up for Friday. Love you.

Maria said...

Lovely goodies there for Jenny's birthday! Wendy, Wendy, Wendy....I looked up The Street on the website...what can I say? It's gorgeous and I now want to buy it...but I have so many kits, designs/patterns already...lol!
Planning to stitch with you all on Friday night!

Anonymous said...

I always love the posts you do about your get togethers. I could just imagine stitching and listening to that rain on Jenny's roof. How great that you spoiled her. She deserves it. What a delightful day! Love those panels you have for prizes. What fun!

Lyn said...

what a great day you all had..and delicious food...now to organise myself for Friday night

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hi Wendy....I am on a retreat so I am hoping I can con my friends to join in as well.....xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sorry Wendy...slip of the fingers with signup 21

De said...

See you Friday! You have had a very busy start to the week!

Pinnylea Creations said...

Can't wait to see you all Friday for a catch up XX

rozhearts said...

A bit late in joining in this week have not been on the blogs for over a week now. Hope to get some stitching done tonight.
HUGS Roz.

Helen said...

Joining in Friday night looking forward to stitching with you.

Noela said...

Happy to be joining you in tonight's sew in. Hugs.....

Unknown said...

looking forward to joining in and getting some quilting done. off to cut my wadding!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Narelle said...

Hope I can keep my eyes open long enough ... another heat wave and still no rain but happy that others are getting much deserved rainfall :)

Mary K said...

It has been a while. I am SOOOOO looking forward to this. It will be a weekend long so in starting with Friday (oregon USA time) until Sunday.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

See you tonight...whew I nearly missed it.

retdairyqueen said...

Oh dear I nearly missed it
Vanilla slice is my favourite so well pleased I didnt